[SGVLUG] Arduino Hackathon Fri 26 Apr

Christopher Hicks chicks.net at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 22:32:05 PDT 2013

Join the OpenX team in Pasadena for our first Arduino Hackathon!

   - Free food.
   - Free Arduinos.
   - Learn C.
   - Learn to solder.
   - Build something.
   - Get prizes.

*WHO:* The OpenX team and anyone interested in learning C and how to solder.

*WHAT:* Arduino Hackathon

*WHERE:*

OpenX headquarters

888 East Walnut Street

Second Floor

Pasadena, CA 91101

We’re right across Lake Ave from Ralphs in the OneWest Bank building.  It
is just two blocks south of the Lake Gold Line Station.

*
*

*WHEN:* 9:00am doors open

10:00am formal training begins

3:30pm presentations begin with announcement of winners to follow

*

*

Please join us for an all-day hackathon where we’ll teach you how to use
the Arduino including an introduction to electronics and C. Then, we will
teach you how to solder, which is vital to building your own
electronics. You can solder your own blinky pin and take it home to impress
your family. Then we break into teams of 2-6 to build something to use in
the real world. You’ll have lots of Arduino shields and electronic
components to work with to build whatever you can imagine. Prizes will be
awarded!

*
*
Please register your interest via meetup:
http://www.meetup.com/Pasadena-Arduino-for-Artists-and-Engineers/events/113707872/t/co1.1_grp/?rv=co1.1

To learn more about Arduinos, click here: http://arduino.cc

To learn about more careers at OpenX, click here: *
http://www.openx.com/about/careers?nl=1&jvi=oW23WfwH,JobListing&jvs=Arduino_Hackathon
*

Hope to see you there!
--
Christopher Hicks   Site Reliability Engineer   +1.626.466.1141    cell
+1.757.812.9485

--

http://www.chicks.net/