[SGVLUG] PogoPlug mount problem

Matthew Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 03:04:36 PDT 2013

Hey everyone, thanks for all the feedback.

After a couple of very late nights everything is working.

The script did auto-mount all ext3 filesystems (run from /etc/init.d/rcS)
on boot.  The problem was that the NTFS filesystem was not mounting as the
driver had not yet initialized.  Unfortunately this was the user's primary
USB drive so it was a bit of a show-stopper.

I ended up reformatting all the drives on the other plugs ext3 and Samba is
happy.  Fortunately this user was not allergic to the vendor's proprietary
'Companion' software which mounts all the drives under P: on her Windows
machines.  If she wasn't running Windows I would have been in the dicey
position of reformatting her main data drive with a couple decades of her
art on it and trusting all the backup/transfer to work flawlessly;
something I was not copacetic with on an ARM without enough RAM to run
rsync.

Akkana, thanks for the on-target suggestions.  Unfortunately there is no
/dev/disk or even 'find' or 'which' commands for that matter in the version
of busybox running on the PogoplugMobile.  It's an interesting challenge to
get things working if you haven't had the embedded experience. (Or grew up
in the age of 286en).

So here it is, the final chronical of getting a BusyBox v1.16 Pogoplug
Mobile working with bash, git, samba etc.
http://mattswiki.seilcampbells.com/index.php5?title=PogoPlug

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions!

Matt