[SGVLUG] PogoPlug mount problem

John Kreznar jek at ininx.com
Thu Apr 4 05:11:45 PDT 2013

In a posting purporting to be from Matthew Campbell <dvdmatt at gmail.com>
but lacking a digital signature, it is written:

> I am running into some problems trying to get my USB drives to mount
> automatically in a known location when my PogoPlug Mobile v4 boots. ...

> It seems that busybox doesn't understand mounting by UUID

Would it be practical to mount by device name (e.g. /dev/sde1) instead
of UUID?

Do those devices appear in /proc/partitions at that stage of the boot?
The mount man page says

BUGS

       Mount by label or uuid will work only if your devices have the
       names listed in /proc/partitions.  In particular, it may well
       fail if the kernel was compiled with devfs but devfs is not
       mounted.

--
OpenPGP key: http://ininx.com
 John E. Kreznar jek at ininx.com 9F1148454619A5F08550 705961A47CC541AFEF13