[SGVLUG] SGVHAK, a Hardware Hacking SIG

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Fri Sep 21 00:27:50 PDT 2012

Hi all,

We had a really good turnout for the Raspberry Pi and Other Devices SIG, which became the Hardware Hacking SIG, and now we're just going to be SGVHAK.  Don't ask what it's short for.

We had a diverse group with some pretty cool project ideas.  We
had some good discussions and people were able to show off their
devices.  We ended the meeting around 9pm, and some of us ended up continuing our conversations at Hamburger Hamlet.

We are aiming to have regular monthly meetings on a Thursday night.  We are still trying to find a regular meeting place.  The proposed meeting format is 15 minutes to show stuff off, and then people can work on their individual or group projects.

Two announcements during the meeting:

1) There is a grand opening of a 3D Printer Store/Hackerspace in Pasadena on Sunday, from 12-8pm.  It's on Hill St. near the 210 freeway. There was some talk of converging there around 4pm to check it out.
http://deezmaker.com/deezmakers-3d-printer-store-and-hackerspace-grand-opening-sept-23rd-2012-in-los-angeles-california/

2) I already posted about this: Rob Bishop from the Raspberry Pi Foundation is visiting Nullspace on Tuesday, October 2nd, starting around 7pm.  There is a wiki page where you can sign up, just to let them know how many people to expect.
http://wiki.032.la/nsl/RPI

Lan