[SGVLUG] CrossOver for free on October 31

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Tue Oct 30 16:13:45 PDT 2012

On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 16:03:10 -0700, Steve M Bibayoff <bibayoff at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I normally I don't promote non-Free software. And am not in this case
> either, but if anyone is interested:
> "CODEWEAVERS SOFTWARE FREE FOR DOWNLOAD FOR 24 HOURS ON OCTOBER 31,
2012"

CodeWeavers has been at the heart of the open source Wine project for over
fifteen years.  It is my understanding that Crossover is mostly a high
quality, supported packaging of Wine, and that CodeWeavers has been a very
good Free software citizen who is worthy of support (assuming you have some
need to run Windows software).

-braddock