[SGVLUG] Supreme Court seeks a way around "perpetual copyright" on foreign goods

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 10:55:46 PDT 2012

fyi - interesting story:

Supreme Court seeks a way around "perpetual copyright" on foreign goods
Court shows concern for libraries, museums; but little for Kirtsaeng himself.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/10/supreme-court-seeks-a-way-around-perpetual-copyright-on-foreign-goods/?comments=1#comments-bar

good comment

Pascal SSmack-Fu Master, in training
about 17 hours agoNew PosterReader Fav
I don't think market segregation is a practice that should be supported by the law as it's very lopsided.

Companies are always arguing for free markets, for the ability to produce where it's cheapest and sell where it's most profitable. Fine. But if you as producers get free markets, the we as workers and consumers do too.

If producers want government enforced market segregation, then it should go both ways, and jobs can't be outsourced.

Personally, I'm in favor of the first approach: free markets for all, including consumers.