[SGVLUG] X11 gui programming - suggestions please

Robert Leyva mrflash818 at geophile.net
Wed Oct 24 12:29:24 PDT 2012

Greets

I am working on a hobbyist project to generate a coded text file based on
user input.

I am using C++, and MVC design pattern(s).

For the GUI (view the user will interact with) I am researching gtk,
curses, and such, but never have used any of them before on a project.

Hoping my fellow SGVLUGers might have ideas/suggestions based on your
experience doing GUI programming.

I dont' think I will need to draw graphics or images. At this stage I
expect my GUI would just need to view/display/intake keyboard text.

Thanks
--
"Knowledge is Power" -- Sir Francis Bacon

Robert Leyva
mrflash818 at geophile.net