[SGVLUG] HP 2550 Color LaserJet Printer prints only Yellow.

Arthur Baldwin eengnerd at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 12:20:55 PDT 2012

I have an HP 2550 Color LaserJet printer that prints only yellow colors.  I'm fairly certain that the problem is due only to the printer driver and is not caused by any printer defects.  There was a report I found online about a "solenoid" that caused this problem when it gets stuck.  But I have not been able to locate any such solenoid, either in the service manual...or by looking inside the printer.  There are only electric motors...no solenoids.

I find it hard to believe that HP would leave such a software problem unresolved ever since 2007...and would never fix it.

Any ideas where to look for a better driver...or where the "solenoid" might be?

Arthur