[SGVLUG] Anyone seen a similar Phone+Email scam?

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 15:52:23 PDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Rod Morison <rod at morison.biz> wrote:
> Unfortunately, sent from gmail web ui. I sent one reply, "How do you know
> me" (he already had my email), and since I didn't respond to the 3
> subsequent emails yesterday, nothing today.
>
> Anyone *really* good with accents? I'll send you the .wav (off list).
> There's a slight one, but nothing esp distinctive.
>
> Mail routing...

[snip]

> On 10/5/2012 11:52 AM, Jeff Carlson wrote:
>>
>> It might also be useful if you include the final Received: header,

Maybe this is the new Rachel/Stacy Robocaller scam possibly targeted
at business.

My wife mentioned that she had been getting Rachel calls at home just
this morning and I thought it would be neat to create a robo dialer
honeypot that would put them into voice menu hell or at least tie them
up a few more seconds while their system tries to find a human on
their end to start the pitch.

Hmm, I wonder if the Raspberry Pi can run asterisk?

Score!   www.raspberry-asterisk.org

Which included a link to a nifty watch dog for the pi:
   pi.gadgetoid.com/post/001-who-watches-the-watcher

Claude