[SGVLUG] OT: Cell phone repeaters

Dan Buthusiem dan.buthusiem at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 21:53:08 PST 2012

I just cut it straight to the Rep that I constantly drop calls at home, and
I read online that people in that situation were getting free Airaves with
free service (usually incurs a $5/mo charge). Five minutes later, I had a
tracking number. It's a bit glitchy, but it works. Limited to 3 users, and
it blocks Sprint prepaid resellers (Virgin and others) from connecting.
Virgin can't get calls at all, while Verizon just can't roam on it. Verizon
customers just have to use their own towers.

If your business has an account rep, you might be able to twist an arm to
get something installed for your business.