[SGVLUG] Why Coding At Fifty May Be Nifty

bobjaffray at juno.com bobjaffray at juno.com
Mon Nov 5 09:55:48 PST 2012

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Rod Morison <rod at morison.biz>
To: "SGVLUG Discussion List." <sgvlug at sgvlug.net>
Subject: [SGVLUG] Why Coding At Fifty May Be Nifty
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 09:34:18 -0800

For all you luggers who grew up with Osborne 1s, IBM 370s, and the like:
http://developers.slashdot.org/story/12/11/04/027202/why-coding-at-fifty-may-be-nifty.

While on the subject, what was the first language you coded in that gave
you that "Oh, that's cool" vibe?

BJ: I had coded in Fortran, 360 Assembler, Cobol, etc. But FORTH
was what I thought was outstanding not for its terrible syntax
but it superior capability to create embedded applications. C and
everything else that follows that is essentially C-like in syntax
turns me off. So the bottom line is that I don't like the syntax
of any of them!