[SGVLUG] apt-get troubles

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Tue May 29 14:34:09 PDT 2012

On Tue, 29 May 2012 14:13:05 -0700, Braydon <ronin at braydon.com> wrote:
> So I have a VPS with Ubuntu jaunty on it, and have recently run:

Jaunty is Ubuntu 9.04, which is not a Long Term Support (LTS) release and
an upgrade to Precise 12.04 LTS would probably fail.

As far as I understand the only upgrade paths Canonical tests are 10.04
LTS -> 12.04 LTS and 11.10 -> 12.04 LTS, and they actually recommend NOT
attempting a 10.04->12.04 until they get the bugs worked out in the next
minor point release in June.

I find in general that I'm much better off doing an installation from
scratch than trying to upgrade.

-braddock