[SGVLUG] VirtualBox networking question

Matthew Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Fri May 25 09:04:27 PDT 2012

Yes, it's fairly easy to set this up in VB.

You can even set it up through DHCP if you are a masochist ;)

Matt

- Put the VB Vnetwork NIC in bridge mode
- Assign it a unique MAC address
- Configure DHCP to assign an outside IP address to that MAC (or hard code
it, much easier)
- Configure your router to route that 1 address to the big bad world in
addition to its current nets.
-easy peasy