[SGVLUG] New Linux Laptop, Made (assembled?) in US

Dave <3 Ubuntu dave at iheartubuntu.com
Tue May 22 19:48:49 PDT 2012

In 2008 I talked my sister into a System76 Serval Performance laptop
which had a whopping 4GB memory at the time and a built in 512mb nVidia
graphics card. She paid a pretty penny for it, but it has been the most
stable computer... desktop or laptop Ive ever seen. She uses it to this
day and has 12.04 running on it. Her criteria was #1 Ubuntu and #2 to
run World of Warcraft on it and the system still does both very well.
The laptop itself is well made, I think most components coming from
China. The Sys76 customer service was great too when needed. Very quick
on email replies or chatting on the phone for help.

My 2 cents, Dave