[SGVLUG] New Linux Laptop, Made (assembled?) in US

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Tue May 22 17:51:08 PDT 2012

System 76 today released their new professional level Linux laptop
shipping with Ubuntu 12.04.

These are "made in the USA", - although I'm pretty certain are only
partially assembled here, I've seen the chassis from a foreign vendor.
They released two lower end lighter weight models last month, so their
entire laptop line is now new.

https://www.system76.com/laptops/model/gazp7

I'm especially fond of the option for a matte screen.  The glossy fad
should be officially over.  If only 4:3 aspect was available. *sigh*

This will probably be my next laptop.  Now how I can encourage my five
year old Dell to die die die...

-braddock