[SGVLUG] so, what command line tools DO you like to install?

Sean O'Donnell sean at seanodonnell.com
Fri May 11 15:59:40 PDT 2012

I'm haven't been using debian much these days, but (under Fedora) I
generally try to make sure the following essential tools are installed:

yum -y install systat ifstat iotop dstat htop clusterssh aterm vim lynx
screen tmux irssi iptstate netstat-nat gcc gdb fail2ban httpd php
php-cli python mysql mysql-server mysql-workbench perl-DBI memcached

The Fedora systat package contains iostat and sar, which I almost always
forget until 'yum search iostat sar' reminds me. At least it finds them,
though. These are the little types of notes that I have to keep in my
private/personal wiki, as a case-in-point of the reference-value of
running your own private/personal wiki (and a few other web-based tools). =)

-Sean