[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Meeting this Thursday! TOPIC: Raspberry Pi

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Tue May 8 20:19:17 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Reminder that there is a meeting this week.   Please spread the word!!
(And yes, this has already been posted to both websites and the Caltech
calendar.)

We are always looking for speakers or topics, so if you know someone who
wants to present or there's a topic you'd like discussed, bring it up on the
mailing list or during the meeting.

SGVLUG meeting Thur 5/10/2012 7-9PM
http://www.sgvlug.org
http://sgvlug.github.com

TOPIC: "Raspberry Pi"
PRESENTER: Dan Kegel
LOCATION:  Downs building, room 107, on the Caltech Campus

in Pasadena (while the campus address is technically 1200 California

street, the campus is quite large. The Downs building is across from

the tennis courts on California at Arden)

ABSTRACT:
The Raspberry Pi is a $35, 256MB educational computer that runs Linux.
Dan Kegel will demonstrate how the Pi can be used as a simple sensor
network node, reporting observed Bluetooth addresses to a central
server,
running on 4 AA batteries.

Lan

PS I got my hands on an HDMI-VGA converter box, but I will also bring my HDTV.
I will try to get there before 7pm.  If I'm delayed, I'll coordinate with
James about getting the equipment there.