[SGVLUG] jobs jobs jobs and the recruiters who sell us

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 11:37:29 PDT 2012

100% agree!! Julie is right on this!

ALSO Remember, there are phishing / scam attempts on various job boards to get your
ID info for fraudulent purposes. Anyone asking for a SSN upfront is probably
a scammer or a complete idiot about ID "Theft" ( really should be ID comprise / ID fraud )

Also, remember Monster got majorly compromised and some people had
a SSN on their resume ( !! really !! ) ( 2009 )

You can find more on the monster breach google:

monster security breach

There are a few outfits which want the last 4 SSN, which still
is not secure as you can guess the first 5 with ease if you know
a bit about a person. ( basically State and date when they got the SSN )
( btw - They are assigning NEW SSN slightly differently )

Thus, I do not even like to give even the last 4 until we
are really to do the appropriate governmental tax paperwork.

good luck!
matti