[SGVLUG] OT: Why aren't there more women in tech?

bobjaffray at juno.com bobjaffray at juno.com
Sun Mar 25 14:10:42 PDT 2012

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Dustin Laurence <dllaurence at dslextreme.com>
To: sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Subject: Re: [SGVLUG] OT: Why aren't there more women in tech?
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 00:12:24 -0700

On 03/24/2012 11:22 PM, Steve M Bibayoff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After reading, I believe, 4 more emails from Dustin after he wrote he
> wrote he should"resist the temptation to post to the thread"

Note that I also said that the 30% of my ensemble were working hard to
suppress the 70% who wanted to stay out of it.  The 30% won, as you see,
and are hard at work suppressing the others with an iron fist.

Note to self: it's not "multiple personality disorder" anymore, that's
prejudiced and pejorative and might hurt the feelings of the voices in
someone's head.  It's now a "personality ensemble."

> In honor of Gowin's law, I propose Dustin's law:
>
> The longer a email thread gets, the probability of a comparison
> involving strip clubs approaches 1.

But...but...but...I don't think this has happened in any other thread.
Don't we need, oh, *two* data points to extrapolate?  Only a real Nazi
would make such a suggestion, you Fascist. :-)

Dustin

BJ: I think the strip club analogy was ignored. Of course,
the content of the strip club had something to do with
the attendance, just as the content of the SGVLUG meetings
has something to do with attendance. Our meetings are noted
for not attracting people that want to get into Linux but
are not there yet. I have long felt that people already there
should take more responsibility to attract people that want
to get there.

Bob