[SGVLUG] OT: Why aren't there more women in tech?

Dustin Laurence dllaurence at dslextreme.com
Sat Mar 24 13:27:32 PDT 2012

On 03/24/2012 10:39 AM, John Kreznar wrote:

> Still, to deny the likelihood of a correlation between gender and
> science aptitude, just as there is between most pairs of measurements of
> human individuals, is, as Dustin says, to bend science.

Actually, the differences that I think are obvious and undeniable have
more to do with concepts of value, and I'm always amused that those who
are most vocal about their sophisticated scientific worldview use
evolution as a magic word to banish people they regard as evil but are
determined not to know what the implications are.  For differences in
aptitude, weightlifting or boxing would be among the better examples
because the signal to noise ratio is cleanest.

But mostly, I find these discussions boring because it becomes an
exercise in listening to someone recite their ideological catechism, and
I should probably resist the temptation to post to the thread in the
first place.

Dustin