[SGVLUG] Chromebook and the future of secure boot

John Kreznar jek at ininx.com
Wed Mar 21 11:59:01 PDT 2012

In a posting purporting to be from Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> but
lacking a digital signature, it is posted

> Probably all DRM will be disabled if you flip that
> switch.  I hadn't expected dual-booting to be prohibited,
> though.

Please pardon my ignorance.  If it's as easy as flipping a switch, why
can't the switch simply be flipped as necessary before booting?

--
OpenPGP key: http://ininx.com
 John E. Kreznar jek at ininx.com 9F1148454619A5F08550 705961A47CC541AFEF13

  "[What open source is actually achieving is to reduce] the ability of
   proprietary companies to collect secrecy rent."  -- Eric S. Raymond