[SGVLUG] Presentations for March and April

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Fri Mar 2 14:42:12 PST 2012

We now have some volunteers for presentations, so it's now a matter of scheduling:

Richard Gaskin is been having difficulties posting to the list, so I'll just relay his information: Richard volunteered to give a presentation on Ubuntu's Unity, either this month or next month.  He can tailor his talk for 30 minutes or an hour, and he can present at either the March or April meeting.  His presentation is a preview of a talk he  may present at a conference and it will be called:
"Unity: where it came from, where it is, and where it's going"
Braddock Gaskill has a 25-minute on Python web frameworks that "would be an overview of Django vs Pylons Pyramid web frameworks, SQLAlchemy
ORM, and the Mako HTML template engine."  Braddock, do you want to give your talk in March?  Do you think it could be expanded to a longer talk if you had more time?

I can give a whole presentation on various ways to manipulate the bash history.  Unfortunately, I do not have much free time right now, so if I had to present in March or April, I could only prepare a short talk.

Lan