[SGVLUG] jobs jobs jobs

Miguel Hernandez migtek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 13:27:53 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Christopher Smith <cbsmith at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Miguel Hernandez <migtek at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > The New York Yankees are one of baseball's most storied & successful
> > franchises. Over the last 20 years, they've consistently had baseball's
> > highest payroll (many times topping the $200 million/year mark) & the
> team
> > with the 2nd highest payroll is sometimes $50-60 million/year behind
> them.
> > Yet they've only won the World Series 5 of those years.
>
> I don't want to kill your entire argument, but that's still 3 more
> than anyone else over those same 20 years... Maybe it is just hard to
> consistently win the World Series. ;-)

Touche! ;)

What I was aiming that was that, when hiring, people tend to just find the
best at one thing & go with that but how there's other important factors to
consider if you're truly trying to build a winning team. Still, based on
what they've spent, most would figure that they "should've" won the World
Series on a much more consistent basis.

--miguel