[SGVLUG] IT tech/job market

Mike mikef1007 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 11:56:47 PDT 2012

My favorite and memorable phone conversation with recruiter goes like this.

I got an email hit about my resume. The job description was interesting. I
called the recruiter back from her phone num provided in her email.  We
chatted a few minutes and she asked me some questions, i answered them.

I then informed her that I am interested in the job and will send her my
latest resume as soon as we disconnect.

Funny thing, she never asked my name nor email address, yet her last phone
comment was "I'll keep an eye out for your resume".  I thought to myself,
any minute now, she'll ask me for my name/email address, but she never did!

It was an interesting phone call, good job too.

But come-on, a recruiter forgetting to ask the candidate for their name,
really ? Was she gonna use the "force" or what ?

And it was an american speaking recruiter, so she spoke and understood
english well.

-mike