[SGVLUG] Buying a spool of ethernet wire - cat5e or cat6? Copper or aluminum? Where? How much?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Jul 30 16:15:19 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Dan Buthusiem <dan.buthusiem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you still have your powerline kit? What'd you get? I'm looking at trying
> it out. Can't wire my rental. :(

Yeah, but I haven't quite given up on them, might still use them for 2nd floor.
They reach from the center of the house to the outer rooms,
but not from one outer room to another.  They're also sensitive
to which outlet you plug them into; in some outlets, they're flaky,
in others, they're solid.

The ones I have are the Netgear AV500's:
http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-XAVB5001-Powerline-Network-Adapter/dp/B004DVEW8I
I bought them for $100 or so on sale at Office Depot or something like
that, had to drive a ways to get them.
(They're slightly obsolete now.)
- Dan