[SGVLUG] Where's the sweet spot these days for moderately fast PCs?

Dan Buthusiem dan.buthusiem at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 23:35:04 PDT 2012

Have you narrowed it down to the CPU being the bottleneck? What's the GPU?
I ended up solving a bug with my system recently. nVidia's drivers have
forced me to disable my motherboard graphics, fully relying on my dedicated
card. Leaving my integrated graphics enabled caused my computer to lag
strangely.

As far as minecraft goes, I use a GeForce GTX 550 Ti and Phenom quad 9650.
It flies. Core i processors just look so expensive, but I'm cheap. I like
using Tom's Hardware "best gaming [cpu, gpu] for the money" when planning
out builds. I hope this helped somehow.

Chris... iPad better than a C2d? My roommate's selling an HP laptop that is
worlds more useful to me than any Apple embedded device. Besides, how can
you call an iPad strong when it can't even run Linux? :P