[SGVLUG] wifi not working on ubuntu 12.04 dual booted on Mac OSX

Rami Al-Ghanmi alghanmi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 17:53:59 PDT 2012

You may want to make sure that the *restricted* repositories (the ones
containing proprieties drivers) are enabled and maybe enable the *universe and
multiverse** *repos while you are at it. You can do that by:
1. Launch the Ubuntu Software Center
2. Go to the System Bar (top of screen) and select Edit -> Software Sources
3. Your window should look something like: http://imgur.com/PFMjp

Since I am not sure if the above will launch an automatic system update, I
suggest to go to your command line and:

> sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

Now, run the Additional Drivers application and see if
any proprietary drivers show up there.

Hope this helps..
Rami