[SGVLUG] ot - How the US lost out on iPhone work

Brian Belgarde blankreg at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 28 14:43:12 PST 2012

I read that too. It's a  great article. I couldn't help thinking about what an ego trip it must have been for Jobs' to know that at a moments notice he could summon 3000 workers in the middle of the night, from their dorms, to make whatever thing came into his head. Amazing.

I would like to think that the post-Jobs era at Apple will be different and innovate in areas of worker rights and responsible manufacturing in ways that Jobs never seemed to entertain. The company already seems different than when when he was alive with leaks coming about forthcoming products and its supply chains.

I get so infuriated when I hear tech execs complain that the US doesn't supply workers with the skills they need. Most people would be enlightened to read this article and realize what they're really saying.

There are a number of good articles on CNet about Apple's corporate responsibility including this one,
"Putting a human cost on the iPad", a very good article too.