[SGVLUG] TED on SOPA and PIPA

Matthew Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 11:38:14 PST 2012

Matti,

You don't mention the passages in SOPA that define you as 'dedicated to the
theft of US property' if you "Take Deliberate actions to avoid confirming a
high probability that [the site] violates [any of various laws and section
of this code]".

You could be legally defined as a pirate if you, for example, put a
password on your computer or encrypt a file.

Ugh.  Super badly written legislation.

Matt

---------
*Matthew Campbell*