[SGVLUG] 56kbps over cable phone?

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Sun Dec 9 15:52:10 PST 2012

As a followup...

I got a USB modem a couple days ago and have been calling some of the 22
dialup BBSes known to still exist in North America.

I have only been able to connect at 9600 baud over my Time Warner cable
VOIP phone line.  So I guess VOIP has killed the days of the 56k modem.

I have ordered a POTS analog land line (at least I hope it isn't some VOIP
bastardization) from AT&T and should have my Raspberry Pi online for
dial-up access next week for anyone who wants to dust off their modem.
This is basically going to be a public art project.  :)

-braddock

<jbermudes at gmail.com>