[SGVLUG] small UPS recommendation?

Matthew Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 23:57:40 PST 2012

APCUPSD is fine but a little rough around the edges.  Works well in web
mode.

I have about 30 APCs from 500W to 6000W and really like them.

I have been using Battery Power in Sylmar for replacing batteries at
wholesale prices.  The $90 APC ($50 online) batteries used to cost me $17
in bulk quantities of 1. ;)  When you are replacing them a dozen at a time
that really adds up quickly.  Their prices have gone up since the gulf war
and I think they're sitting now at $24 each for the 1280s and that's free
shipping if you go pick them up during your lunch hour (at the junction of
the 210 and 118).

Matt

---------
*Matthew Campbell*