[SGVLUG] fyi - free unlock for Samsung Galzxy S3 and Note 2

Christopher Smith cbsmith at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 18:48:27 PST 2012

Future proofing is not very realistic when it comes to phones
unfortunately. The contract model really encourages all the worst aspects
of planned obsolescence. When they finally agree upon a standard and roll
out VoLTE, I seriously doubt the networks will provide updates to people's
phones so that their voice services run over it and they no longer drain
battery life with their GSM/CDMA components. They'd much rather you get a
new phone and get locked in to another contract.

--
Chris