[SGVLUG] ATT DSL Gateway choices, which gateway do you like?

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 14:50:30 PDT 2012

Hi,

Background:

-------------------------

Looks like I'm looking at a potentially faulty 2wire 2701 DSL Gateway device
( instability of internet service.. could be a few things.. filter, gateway device,
just crappy ATT service.. )

ATT would like to charge for a new DSL gateway.. I really would like to have another

provider to pick from besides ATT and/or the local Cable company.
( I know I can pick another ISP using ATT's copper.. but that really does not
get any more bandwidth than what ATT is offering :(

Anyways, I'm attempting to figureout what to do. Currently ATT has other

Gateway models available to purchase.. ( honestly I do not plan to pay
them for a new Gateway, before that happens I will cancel service with them
instead of dropping $100 on another gateway device. )

Question - ATT DSL choices..

Anyone with experience with

a) Netgear DSL Gateway Model 7550http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat2020062&q_sku=sku5520229&q_manufacturer=&q_model=
( suspect netgears remake of the westell 7500" )

b) Pace DSL Gateway Model 4111N ( Pace? Like the salsa?? )
http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat2020062&q_sku=sku5520238&q_manufacturer=&q_model=

thanks
matti