[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Meeting this Thursday! TOPIC: Kinect Programming and Projects

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed Aug 8 09:03:19 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Reminder that there is a meeting tomorrow (Thursday).  Doug Vargas will be talking about how to program the Kinect, a nifty and very popular hands-free input device for Xbox 360 and Windows PC.  Please spread the word!!

We are always looking for speakers or topics, so if you know someone who wants to present or there's a topic you'd like discussed, bring it up on the mailing list or during the meeting.

Also, we rely on YOU to contribute to our pre-presentation discussion segment (aka Linux in the News).  Bring your news items, Linux questions, and  anything you want to share about the open source world.

SGVLUG meeting Thur 8/9/2012 7-9PM
http://www.sgvlug.org
http://sgvlug.github.com

TOPIC: Programming the Kinect
PRESENTER: Doug Vargas
LOCATION:  Downs building, room 107, on the Caltech Campus

in Pasadena (while the campus address is technically 1200 California

street, the campus is quite large. The Downs building is across from

the tennis courts on California at Arden)

ABSTRACT:  "I'll be presenting an introduction to programming the kinect using free and open source software, and demonstrating fun and practical kinect projects."

Lan