[SGVLUG] Active Directory and linux

shadowcat8 at excite.com shadowcat8 at excite.com
Wed Apr 25 11:02:00 PDT 2012

Well,

I can tell you that if you intend to have Vista or higher M$ clients connect with your linux AD server, you will need Samba >= 3.5 and set the following entry in your smb.conf:

     max protocol = smb2

Otherwise, you will have to have the windoze clients doing registry hacks that have had mixed results in my experience.  (e.g. Sometimes the registry hacks allowed connectivity cleanly, other times they would connect with error messages, and still other times they wouldn't connect at all.)

HTH.