[SGVLUG] jobs jobs jobs and the recruiters who sell us

shadowcat8 at excite.com shadowcat8 at excite.com
Fri Apr 20 12:07:04 PDT 2012

Well,

While the politicians fool themselves into believing the lies they keep shoveling at us about how much better the economy is, the headhunters are taking advantage of the situation just like the mortgage lenders were taking advantage of the housing bubble a few years back.  Nearly all positions from a placement/recruiting company are going to be on the low side since they are also getting their cut of your pay right off the top.

The good news is; If you can make it past the "[Probationary,Orientation,Trial] Phase" with the company the headhunter placed you in, after that, the money that *was* going to them, then goes to you.  At least, that has been my experience with the placement companies I have used in the past.

And, as a note, for good contract work, I have always had good experiences with Worktree and the tech employment/placement company at 2 N. Lake Ave.  (The name escapes me.)

HTH.

Regards,

ShadowCat8