[SGVLUG] Apache Help-Rewrite Cond?

Junaid A junaidjan at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 12:31:25 PDT 2012

Yes, I used mod-rewrite with rewrite engine on. I redirected everything from abc.com/doc1 /doc 2 etc. to just xyz.com. However, that was not that I was supposed to do.

There are other items on the server that need to be access via a web browser. This means that I can not redirect everything but only certain things.

Someone told me I should look into the following:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^https://abc.com/docs/([A-Z]\d{5,6})$  [NC]

RewriteRule .* https://xyz.com/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=$1 [L]

However, I am not too familiar with RewriteCond and was looking for more guidance on that.

Thanks again.

Junaid