[SGVLUG] Lawrence Lessig and freedoms in this republic

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 16:09:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

Recently I was reading up on the occupy movements, and noticed a
reference to Lawrence Lessig in the wikipedia article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Wall_Street

If you don't know about Lawrence, you should take a closer look,
as he is a very important person with regards to the rights which
help the open source movement, and EFF:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Lessig

and there is a great presentation Lawrence did at a TED event
http://www.ted.com/talks/larry_lessig_says_the_law_is_strangling_creativity.html

Lawrence has published a new book:
Republic Lost
http://www.twelvebooks.com/books/republic_lost.asp

Lessig is working on getting a constitutional convention going
http://convention.idea.informer.com/

While I am still reading up on this material, I thought what he
was working on would be of interest to many of us who support
the concept of open source and EFF.

thanks
matti