[SGVLUG] AV Guard Virus

Robert Leyva mrflash818 at geophile.net
Wed Oct 19 08:43:01 PDT 2011

For the M$ boxes, you might want to manually load clamwin into a USB jump
drive, then copy to the infected box, then as
_administrator_and_in_safe_mode_, try to have clamwin delete or quarantine
what it finds.

This AV-nasty thing might even have some removal tools people have made.

For the linux box that won't fire up, perhaps you can pull the bios
battery for, say 15min, then put back in, which will hopefully make the
bios go back to factory default? Then I'd perhaps try chkrootkit, and
clamav.

--
"Knowledge is Power" -- Sir Francis Bacon

Robert Leyva
mrflash818 at geophile.net