[SGVLUG] Meeting tonite! 7-9pm.

bobjaffray at juno.com bobjaffray at juno.com
Fri May 13 09:40:48 PDT 2011

BJ: What David Lawyer says is essentially correct as
to the genesis of the group, except Tom definitely did
_not_ want to assume leadership as I recollect. This is
a misunderstanding. Craig Zeller did close down the
mailing list without proper notice. Craig was miffed.
SGVLUG as now constituted essentially started with
the meeting at David Lawyer's house, at which the main
decisions were made. Tom was one among others including
David and myself. Tom _did_ play a very important and
essential role in the continuation of the group with which
it very likely would not have continued. So the decision
to honor him as _a_ founding member (among others) is
correct. I approve of it. I agree that the real genesis
was Gunther. Tom's dad, Richard says that he attended
meetings at Gunther's garage apartment as did I.

BJ: I personally appreciate David Lawyer's early
contributions as well as those of Gunther and others
including Tom who went out of his way to be helpful
to everyone.

Bob Jaffray