[SGVLUG] any android tablet made in a democratic country

John Wang red744t at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 00:26:25 PST 2011

Churchill can put it more elegantly than I can,

"Many forms of Government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin
and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has
been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other
forms that have been tried from time to time."
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Winston_Churchill

I am more of libertarian these days. . . though I am rethinking the wisdom of an
unregulated market. . . , so I feel the political squeeze from both the left and
the right, aka tyranny of the majority.

I think that if democracy is freedom, equality, and justice under the law, then
it should be consider ethical.

Relating it to OS choices, I think of Linux as a democracy.  It's not perfect,
sometimes painful, but we pursue it at all cost.     I think of Mac as a form of
authoritarian capitalism, sort of like happy serfdom, it looks pretty, works
great, just don't ask any questions.     MS is a form of totalitarianism, an
unhappy serfdom, doesn't matter how it looks or works, don't even think about
asking questions,

I use all three.  MS at work, Mac at home, Linux on my personal laptop. . . .

John