[SGVLUG] fyi - deal on 23" LCD

Thomas Moore thomasmoore at speakeasy.net
Thu Jun 16 21:21:59 PDT 2011

You piqued my interest, Matti, so I bought one from Staples in
Huntington  Beach for $98. Nice unit. However, I have heard of
win-modems, win-printers and such but this is the first time I
have heard of a win-monitor, which this appears to be. It
comes with a a CD with windows executables on it and there are
controls for the monitor which can only be reached through
Windows. (they appear to refer mainly to Vista or 7) I did
get my resolution set up with a little help from the NVIDIA
X Server Settings panel in GNOME.

Tom