[SGVLUG] fyi - looking for a big black computer case?

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 00:06:10 PDT 2011

fyi -

Antec 300 case ("gaming case")
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjQ=

recently got one of these for a friend
to make into a HTPC/media server

It is large, much larger than I wanted for a HTPC,
but..

it actually looks really nice imho vs
some of the cheap cases, and all the fugly
gaming cases I have seen at Microcenter and Fry's.
( wished they made a slightly smaller version of
this actually,.. but all the HTPC cases I looked
at which were nice cost more than we wanted to spend,
so went for a larger case )

PSU is not included, it will sit on the bottom
of the case, giving it greater stability.

2 fans are included. there is a LOT of room
in the case for HDDs.

The case is well built and I definitely would
purchase it again.

Typically it is on sale for around $60 ( ~$66 w/tax )

Fry's has it for a really good price
$45+tax, w a $10 rebate so
~$39 after rebate, i.e. $35 + $4.5tax

http://marketplaceads.latimes.com/adindex-30-0-1353