[SGVLUG] Blackhat (7/30-8/4) and Defcon (8/4-7)

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 23 15:10:28 PDT 2011

Hi,

Blackhat and Defcon are coming up as we mentioned
at the last meeting.

Blackhat is the more "professional" version of Defcon
( i.e. Blackhat = $$$, Defcon = $, both founded by Jeff Moss )

Black hat: TRAINING: JUL 30 - AUG 2 | BRIEFINGS: AUG 3 - AUG 4
( $$$ )
Defcon: Aug 4-7, AND they now have workshops!! ( extra $ )
( looks like $150 CASH only! )

topics look great, now for those who would love to
go, but can't blackhat is providing live streaming
to some of the sessions!!! ( SWEET! )

https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-us-11/bh-us-11-uplink.html

Blackhat also has some archives which you probably want to
checkout
https://www.blackhat.com/html/archives.html

Now, the curious thing I've been noticing is a LOT of open
source references in Blackhat, including making your own
UAV w open source tech!
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-us-11/bh-us-11-briefings.html#Perkins

Black Hat, even has a Tool/Demo area for independent researchers
 and the open source community!! that's really nice!
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-us-11/bh-us-11-arsenal.html

There are a lot of interesting topics.. check it out

thanks!
matti