[SGVLUG] This is the droid you've been writing for...

Rae Yip rae.yip at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 08:40:20 PST 2011

The key phrase is "Except to the extent required by applicable third
party licenses". The SDK might not be wholely composed of open source
software, and even if it were, there are cryptographic keys and
possibly other IP in firmware and other binaries that Google would
want to protect.

This doesn't mean that Android isn't mostly open source. The existence
of projects like CyanogenMod is proof of that.

-Rae.