[SGVLUG] This is the droid you've been writing for...

Matthew Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 23:10:48 PST 2011

Good evening,

Ray Yip and I will be giving a talk for our Thursday meeting titled on
getting started with Android programming.

Please bring a laptop, an Android phone (yours or a friend or
stranger's) and a USB cable to connect the two.

I will cover:
Android programming overview.
Installing the development environment (Eclipse 3.5.2), the Android
SDK and the Eclipse ADT development tools.
Writing your first hello world application.
Compiling and emulating the application.
Installing the application on your phone.
Using the Google APIs.
Publishing your application.

Rae will cover more details of the Android operating system including
the filesystem layout
third party libraries
Open Intents

I have sent Tom an excerpt of the class notes that covers how to
install the development environment.  It is posted on the club's home
page at http://sgvlug.org/.  Due to limited network bandwidth in our
meeting room please download and install the development software
before the meeting.  Successful members will be on hand to help those
of you who run into problems with the install.  Ask on this list for any
help before the meeting.

Matt

--
Matthew Campbell