[SGVLUG] distros, distros, .. turnkeylinux, UPR ( privacy )

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 17:04:03 PST 2011

Indeed, in general I like to mostly work with one distro
( besides the live forensics work.. )

>Nontechnical, or Windows-oriented, people just get confused
by all the choice out there :-(

Doing some testing of various Open Source projects
using VMs and having to rebuilt and to test install scripts
and the like has me really liking the idea of using the turnkey
distros as a base starting point.

( Some projects are LAMP based, some Ruby, etc.. )

this way I can setup VMs and run thru various setups
and see if the various projects meets the features and
goals, and then if it does I can rebuilt it on a preferred
distro ( so I am thinking about right now. )

thanks
matti