[SGVLUG] Anyone participating with BOINC or have a QCN earthquake sensor on Linux?

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 10:33:13 PST 2011

Anyone on list participating with BOINC or have a ONavi USB sensor
from the Quake-Catcher Network (QCN) connected to a Linux box?

    qcn.stanford.edu

Looks like they support Linux but I was told they only supported
Windows but I ordered one anyway.  It showed up yesterday and it took
a while to get it working with Win7 after installing drivers from
ONavi.  Seems to be working but I'd prefer to get it working on my
Linux fileserver so I don't have to leave my desktop on all of the
time.  The catch is I want to run it headless yet be able to monitor
it remotely.  I'll try installing the Linux stuff next but thought I'd
ask here before I dive it.

Claude