[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Meeting Thur 4/14 7-9pm topic: tech jobs/careers

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 23:14:34 PDT 2011

update - typo in original post - Thur 4/14 of course ;)

[ PLEASE pass the word folks,
[ I just got this together,
[ Since Todd has a commitment earlier I will
[ fill in doing a quick intro for him until he
[ arrives - THANKS - matti ]

---- please pass along the following ----

Hi,

We've got a great meeting lined up,
especially for those who want to be prepared
for the tech job/career market place.

The intended audience, those
a) Entering the job market.
b) Working in the tech industry.
c) Majoring in tech related field.

This Thur 4/14 7-9pm
Time: 7-9pm
Location: Downs building, room 107, on the Caltech Campus in Pasadena (while the campus address is technically 1200 california street, the campus is quite large. The Downs building is across from the tennis courts on California at Arden)

Topic: Todd CC will discuss the impact of a world with rapidly changing technologies, radical fluctuations in staffing needs, and changes in the employer/employee dynamic and how you can be best prepared for your next job and/or career. During this presentation, the relatively new catchphrase "DevOps" will be discussed as it pertains to job advancement and career opportunities.

Presenter: Cranston-Cuebas, Todd
With 13 years of experience in technology staffing in Los Angeles, Todd has been through the dot-com boom and bust, the housing boom and subsequent recession, and through it all, has kept a close eye on employment trends in technology. [ imho Todd is one of the top Open Source tech recruiters in the US, I've seen him at numerous conferences learning more about Open Source than any other tech recruiter I have meet. - matti ]

thanks
matti