[SGVLUG] Club Fair

Miguel Hernandez migtek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 11:37:13 PDT 2010

Ahh so no Drupal-branded stuff, eh? That's cool, oh well.

As far as presenters from the LA Drupal group. I've been working on a
presentation for Drupal 7 that I was going to share w/SGVLUG but I'm holding
off until D7 goes beta. At this time, it's still alpha &, as such, there's
no upgrade path from alpha>beta>release candidate. Once it goes beta, there
will be, so I'll be tossing my hat in then.

There are several good presenters in the LA Drupal community. Personally, I
think Christefano would be great since his 1st language was PERL & is a
sysadmin at heart. I'll ping him. A couple years back, I got Chris Charlton
to come out & present at SGVLUG & he created a drupal site in 45minutes as
his presentation (if folks remember that). He's another of the LA Drupal
managers so not sure how free his schedule is.

Christefano & I created the Downtown LA Drupal user group meeting earlier
this year. The "main" meeting was always held on the westside (santa monica,
venice, marina del rey) but I'd been thinking for a couple years that there
were tons of folks on this side of the 110 who could probably never make it
out there on a weekday. I'm working with someone from Pasadena to have a
monthly meetup even closer to most of us still. So if you're interested,
just check out http://groups.drupal.org/la/events.

G'luck at the Computer Fair. I'll probably drop by so if someone needs a
break, I can help out.
--miguel